Financial Aid Awards
As soon as course attendance is verified each term, school funding is disbursed to your student’s account. If the pupil’s help is more than the sum total tuition, charges, and bookstore prices for the word, the pupil may be eligible for an educational funding disbursement check.
Pupils meet the criteria for a Bookstore Advance as much as $2,500 before the beginning of the term, if their financial aid surpasses their costs for tuition and costs. The Bookstore Advance enables pupils purchasing books and materials before the start of the term in the Campus Bookstore. The Bookstore Advance is determined by money tree spokane subtracting tuition and costs through the number of authorized help up up to a maximum Bookstore Advance of $2,500.
Pupils may buy one laptop computer with the Bookstore Advance throughout their time at Piedmont Tech.
As soon as students’s educational funding is used in their account, in the event that quantity of the pupil’s school funding surpasses tuition, charges, bookstore fees, as well as other charges that are institutional the pupil account, the student is eligible for a disbursement check. Pupils will have to plan ahead for any other costs such as for instance lease, transportation and son or daughter care before the aid that is financial disbursement dates.
Grants and Scholarships are compensated in a single disbursement. Look at times noted on the internet site in the Student Handbook and Calendar as well as on the pupil calendar.
- Provides funds for publications and materials ahead of the start of the term.
- Assists with budgeting and planning when it comes to whole term.
- Increases pupil success.
- Decreases the total amount of education loan defaults.
- Guarantees school funding is according to actual enrollment.
- Suits federal aid that is financial needs.
- Saves college resources to keep tuition low.
A disbursement advance is a cash loan against an anticipated educational funding reimbursement and it is designed to help students meet their short term economic needs. Disbursement advance demands can be obtained and then pupils getting enough aid that is financial produce a credit stability after tuition and fees are compensated. The utmost refund advance is $1,000 per semester, never to exceed the credit stability.
So that you can request a disbursement advance you must:
- Complete all aid that is financial and also have a pending credit balance placed on your account by thirty days before the start of classes. As a result of processing time, pupils will need to have all school funding demands, including loan applications, submitted 45 days ahead of the beginning of classes.
- Fill out an application into the company Office 1 month before the begin of classes. Application is found in path.
- Join at minimum half time (6 credit hours) for the upcoming semester by thirty days ahead of the beginning of classes.
- Be conference Satisfactory Academic Progress. Pupils that have an approved appeal meet the criteria for the disbursement advance.